Re: [mosquitto-dev] Passwd and TLS/SSL

Hi Jesus,

The usual difference is a matter of authentication (password file)
versus encryption (TLS). TLS can also give you a measure of trust that
you're connecting to the correct system and can also be used for
authentication by using client certificates.

Using username/passwords without encryption means that your password
could be intercepted.

Cheers,

Roger