Re: [mobile-iwg] Sony Ericsson SDK in Helios release of Pulsar

Title: Re: [mobile-iwg] Sony Ericsson SDK in Helios release of Pulsar
Hi Marie,

If this is an updated SDK and an earlier version was provided via Pulsar 1.0, then one thing you will want to do is to make sure the version in the p2 metadata for the installable unit is either incremented or the id is completely new, so that users who may have installed the old one can still get the updated one.

In the next week or so I plan to outline some instructions for how to expose SDKs in the discovery UI in the new Pulsar SDK view and I don’t think we even have a build of the updated p2 metadata generator tool for Helios. I’m hoping we can be ready for SDK vendors to start creating or updating their metadata and testing their SDKs with the new Pulsar by next week.

In any case, since we no longer embed the URL to the SDK vendor repository in the plugin (as with Pulsar 1.0), there is really no hard deadline for SDK vendors any more.

--David Dubrow
Nokia