Re: [milo-dev] OPC UA security: Server certificates

Yes, the client needs to validate and trust the server certificate.

This is mostly handled for you if you configure your client with an instance of DefaultClientCertificateValidator and DefaultTrustListManager.

All that remains for you to do is figure out _when_ to add trusted certificates. If your application is interactive in some way you can present your user with the server certificate from the EndpointDescription and ask them if they want to trust it. You can also pre-emptively validate it here before presenting it to the user if you'd like. If they decide to trust it then you can add it as trusted via TrustListManager::addTrustedCertificate. DefaultTrustListManager stores everything using a standard PKI directory layout and you can also manually add certificates to those locations at any time.

The Milo stack/SDK will use the configured validator and trust list manager when connecting to actually make sure everything is valid and trusted when it connects.