Re: [milo-dev] Documentation / Help for beginners

You may find the DiscoveryClient class useful for discovering which servers are available. Even if it doesn't do exactly what you need, you can look to it as an example of how to use the underlying UaStackClient to invoke services from the Discovery service set against a server.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM Volkert, Benjamin <benjamin.volkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for your answer! With OPC UA I am quiet familiar already. Right now I am struggeling with the coding part. I was able to set up a simple server and a simple client which is able to connect to that server and list the values generated. What I need is a way to solve problems. Right now I try to add a function to the client for being able to discover servers available. ​I will try and search in the examples like you proposed...

Von: milo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <milo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Kevin Herron <kevinherron@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Dezember 2019 16:25
An: milo developer discussions
Betreff: Re: [milo-dev] Documentation / Help for beginners

How familiar are you with OPC UA in general? If you're new, I'd suggest making a free account with the OPC Foundation and reading Part 1 and 3 of the OPC UA spec before you start trying to build anything.

There isn't a lot of documentation for Milo, it's mostly in the form of the example projects right now.