[milo-dev] new UaVariableNode not working

Dear all,

I found milo as a very interesting project for OPC UA and I am glad that there is this approach to the OPC topic!

now I am experimenting with the server part of the examples in https://github.com/ctron/milo-ece2017 because I would like to set up a server for offering functionality to other OPC UA clients. I was able to successfully start the server like written in the HOWTO.md. With the UaExpert I can also connect and browse the standard objects and types.

Now I looked deeper into how to hook up individual information in the server. Therefore, in the example I see in the class CustomNamespace that there should be created a new UaVariableNode in line 69 with

final UaVariableNode variable = new UaVariableNode(
        context,
        newNodeId("look-at-me-i-am-right-here-hey-watch-out-woooohoo-here-i-am"),
        newQualifiedName("FooBar"),
        LocalizedText.english("Foo Bar")) {

Back in the UaExpert I was looking for the characteristic nodeId. Unfortunately, it does not show up anywhere. So I went into the debugging mode to find out how this part of the code is executed. Strange thing is, that this part of the code is not reached. Also I found that the method registerItems, in which the code is contained should be called by onStartup. But this method also is not called.

So finally, my question now is: How can I actually hook up own variables into a milo-based server?

Thank you very much in advance!

mario

Back to the top