[milo-dev] Configurable OPC-UA server based on Milo

Hi, looking for an OPC-UA server to be used in a factory, I found the
only working open-source project in Java is Milo and I was able to run
and modify the server test and connect with uaexpertcleint. Great!

So I would ask if there is any known configurable OPC-UA server
project based on Milo or if there are people interested in that kind
of project. What I personally need (but could be a common necessity)
is to be able to configure in a dynamic way namespaces and machines to
interface to and collect a set of driver to implement that interface.
I already played with Fanuc libraries, snap7 (for Siemens S7)... and I
have some modbus machines as well and other machines which expose
status data as MQTT and HTTP and even as an incremental CSV accessed
via FTP!

Probably what is needed is a concept of "driver" for specific machine
(PLC) version and or custom driver for other kind of device or data
sources. The a server configuration which lists the namespaces, the
single devices in the namespaces, a driver per machine and the driver
settings so it can connect to the machine and get/set values. Maybe
I'm oversimplifying.

I saw the project Eclipse Neoscada: probably it could be a source of drivers?

Thank you for your patience, Stefano.

--
ing. Stefano Lissa
LinkedIn