[milo-dev] Try using the KEPServerEX demo version

I tried using the KEPServerEX demo version.

There is one point I noticed in connection processing with the client.

I installed KEPServerEX on a PC that was set up in the domain of
Windows ActiveDirectory and trying to run it on a network *without*
ActiveDirectory, I did a little wrong. (I tried it on a already existing
Windows PC, I think that it is probably not the assumed environment...)

When registering Default on the network adapter when opening the OPC UA(O)
configuration from the task icon and registering the server endpoint,
an array of EndpointDescription containing the endpointUrl of the Windows
domain type was returned. I also registered a network adapter to which
an actual IP address was assigned, but the first half of the array of
EndpointDescription returned to the client was the EndpointDescription
array of the Windows domain type endpointUrl.

As a result, when connecting to KEPServerEX from the client on a network
without ActiveDirectory, selecting the one matching the SecurityPolicy=NONE
specified from the EndpointDescription array returned was not able to
resolve the IP address because endpointUrl is the Windows domain type,
the client on the network without ActiveDirectory failed the subsequent
connection.

Therefore, by deleting the Default setting, I confirmed that we will
connect from the client.

Usually, I do not think I will run KEPServerEX on a Windows PC like this
setting, so I do not think there is anything to worry about.

By the way the server developed using Milo was the code that selects
the EndpointDescription array that matches the client's endpointUrl
by default and returns it to the client. Milo is smart.

Just in case, I put a filter on my client that selects the EndpointDescription
that matches the specified endpointUrl.

--Shigeru

Back to the top