Mike Milinkovich
(m) +1.613.220.3223
Please note new email address.

On Nov 10, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Isuru Samaraweera <isuru@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Benjamin,
Can I take a Program licensed under the EPL, compile it with modification along with my other java code, and commercially license the end result?

What restrictions will be applied here? FYI.Milo has http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/edl-v10.html also.

Please clarify

Thanks
Isuru

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Benjamin Cabé <benjamin.cabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Isuru,

Find below a section of the EPL FAQ [https://www.eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php] that, I think, should answer your three questions:

  1. Can I take a Program licensed under the EPL, compile it without modification, and commercially license the result?
    Yes. You may compile a Program licensed under the EPL without modification and commercially license the result in accordance with the terms of the EPL.

  2. Do I need to include the source code for such Program with the object code distribution?
    No. But you do need to include a statement that the source code is available from you and information on how to obtain it.

  3. When I incorporate a portion of a Program licensed under the EPL into my own proprietary product distributed in object code form, can I use a single license for the full product, in other words, covering the portion of the Program plus my own code?
    Yes. The object code for the product may be distributed under a single license as long as it references the EPL portion and complies, for that portion, with the terms of the EPL.

If you have any other questions, please contact license@xxxxxxxxxxx.

HTH,
Benjamin -