Re: [milo-dev] [Q] How to keep the specified sampling interval accurately on the server

SubscriptionModel is only meant to server as a naive example of how you might sample your underlying data source.

I expect users to implement their own more sophisticated approach to sampling. Ideally, one that accurately tracks how long sampling took and can adjust its next execution, as you suggest, and also samples the data without resorting to calling read() on the namespace.

At work, our underlying data sources are PLCs, so I've developed a "RequestExecutor" system that handles scheduling these requests to the PLC and accounts for the latency of each request as it re-schedules the next execution. I'm not able to open source this work right now, but it's not all that complicated to build on your own.