Re: [milo-dev] OPC UA Stack by OPC Foundation

Hi Team,
One more question - Since eclipse-milo not using OPC UA stack provided by OPC foundation, typically how much time it takes you guys to update library in-line with OPC UA foundation stack.
A hypothetical question - How long it may take to come out with Pub-Sub support once OPC UA foundation releases final specs.

Though i am inclined to use ProSys but eclipse-milo open source would be major reason to go with Eclipse-Milo instead of ProSys. So far time spent on both libraries, features wise both looks similar. Our use case is Pub-Sub instead of Client-Server functionalities.

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Kevin Herron <kevinherron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the mean while can you answer why eclipse-milo using CompletableFuture so heavily.

Milo was built from the ground up to be async/non-blocking. It's also built on Java 8, which introduced CompletableFuture, a well implemented and nicely composable representation of an async operation/result. So it only seems natural that Milo uses this so heavily.

> Anyways, i am evaluating eclipse-milo and ProSys and so far frankly speaking i am inclined towards ProSys. I would like to reverse this position if we can have a 1-on-1 discussion by any means and have better picture to change my position.

I'll do my best to answer any questions you have here on the mailing list or on gitter.im but I'm not going to try to sell you on using Milo instead of Prosys.