From: milo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:milo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Herron
Sent: 2. helmikuuta 2017 23:24
To: milo developer discussions <milo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [milo-dev] Milo vs opcfoundation stack

The Java code provided by the OPC Foundation only implements a stack: the basic structures, serialization, channels, and security needed by OPC UA. It leaves you with stubs to implement all of the services you need for a server and provides none of the connection and subscription management you need for a client. These parts are typically implemented by an SDK. Historically, the foundation has left it up to toolkit vendors to implement SDK functionality and provided only stacks as a low-level building block and proof of concept that the spec works.

Milo provides both stack and SDK implementations. To get a good idea of just how much work that would be to do on your own you can read through parts 3, 4, and 5 of the OPC UA specification...