Re: [microprofile-wg] MP Telemetry TCK Challenge Discussion

Hi Jason,

this is a valid challenge in my opinion and we need to clarify this in the specific case of MP Telemetry and for MicroProfile umbrella and component specs in general.

This issues was a reported Release Review finding for MP Telemetry 1.1 already and the reason for me to vote against the release on behalf of iJUG:

I put the topic on the MP Telemetry call agenda for next Monday, it would be nice if you and/or your team can join us there.

To prevent things like this in the future and clarify optional TCK test design, architectural constraints or organisational aspects we also could discuss this on the next MP Technical call if you like - besides here offline of course.

I put some comments in two issues. The short version:

The current TCK setup requires to manually deactivate tests and remove dependencies, meaning manually editing the TCK to be able to run it successfully on a valid implementation - this must be changed, because this is an architecture constraint and default behaviour violation!

Best,
Jan