Re: [microprofile-dev] microprofile-rest-client migration to jakarta API

Hi Rebecca,

The MicroProfile Rest Client 2.0 APIs[1] depend on the Jakarta EE 8 APIs (still in the javax.* package space).

The next major version of the MicroProfile umbrella spec (v5.0) is tentatively planned for release in October 2021, and I believe that it intends to change the dependencies of all included projects (including Rest Client) to Jakarta EE 9 APIs (the jakarta.* packages). That will be a major release for MP Rest Client since it includes breaking changes (package space change).  I'm planning to work on the dependency change, but probably won't start on that work until later in the Summer.

Hope this helps,

Andy

[1] https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.microprofile.rest.client/microprofile-rest-client-api/2.0