[microprofile-dev] [MENTOR HELP REQUEST] Copyright and IP Issues

All,

There's several tickets now on the Microprofile github repos around Copyright and IP issues.  I'm hoping to get Eclipse mentors to help us get this sorted out.  There's two issues I see at present:

- Source code imported to these repos with a copyright claim from IBM that was not originated by IBM (but likely modified by IBM)
- Source code imported from repositories originated by the Apache Software Foundation that does not comply with section 4 of the Apache License v2.

For the first item, we need to get clarification on what the source headers should look like for an Apache licensed Eclipse project, that is only Apache licensed (not dual licensed).

For the second item, and a little bit the first, for any Apache licensed project that is imported, it is OK to import as long as the NOTICE file remains in tact.  Presently there is source code originated by at least Apache DeltaSpike that does not comply with the published NOTICE file from Apache DeltaSpike.  This needs to be corrected.  I would recommend that we reference the specific files covered by this notice indicating where it comes from.

John

Back to the top