Re: [messaging-dev] Jakarta Messaging Update

There are definitely no shortage of ideas we could implement.  Both JAXB and JSONB are outlined here:

 - https://github.com/jakartaee/messaging-proposals

The real trick is the work on the implementation; the spec can’t go final unless there is an implementation that can pass all the exist and new tck tests.

The implementation I’d want to use for anything I’d work on would be ActiveMQ Classic.  It would likely take a year to get it converted from javax to jakarta, implement all of JMS2.0, and get it passing the existing TCK before we could begin work on new spec features.

I suspect we’re in the same boat on that one, so maybe next steps would be to kick off a thread or two in ActiveMQ.

-David