[mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus and Sphinx

Hi all,

Here is a short minutes on the meeting I had today with the Sphinx leader project and one of its committer (Stephan, please let's correct if I am wrong).

Participant to this face-to-face meeting:

-          for Geensys: Stephan Erbele and Romain Cesestre

-          for CEA: Sébastien Gérard, Yann Tanguy, Patrick Tessier and Bran Selic.

Conclusion of this discussion seems to be: "yes, it is interesting that Papyrus contribute to this project, but Papyrus needs to keep control on what could be contributed, and Papyrus can only contribute from Q3 2010, i.e., after 0.0.7 scheduled in July 2010 approximatively."

è Stephan Erbele agrees on that, and then we agree on following conclusion and action:

1 – Sphinx will be co-leaded by Stephan Erbele and Sébastien Gérard. That way, we (Papyrus) keeps the control on what we could contribute into Sphinx.

2 – For the timing aspect, Papyrus 0.0.7 does not aim at using what could in be Sphinx, but later version should do it. Identified Papyrus contribution to Sphinx will start just after 0.0.7 will be delivered, expect if by chance we have enough resource to do it better.

3 – Papyrus will provide three committers to Sphinx: in addition to Cedric, there will be one from CEA (Yann Tanguy) and one from ATOS (Thibault?).

Two action has been decided also:

Action 1 - a meeting will be setup for next week in order to identify clearly the intersection between the ECL layer of Sphinx and the Papyrus backbone. Stephan and Yann are going to organize it, and Cedric, and one ATOS boy should be there. It will be a phone call.

Action 2 – Stephan, with the help of Sébastien and Bran, will rewrite the Sphinx proposal for Eclipse in order to account for all the aforementioned comments. The deadline for this action is early December.

Cheers… Sébastien.

Dr. Sébastien Gérard

Head of MDD for DRES research project

CEA LIST/LISE

Boîte courrier 65, GIF SUR YVETTE

CEDEX, F-91191 France

Phone/fax : +33 1 69 08 58 24 / 83 95

Leader of the Eclipse Component Papyrus (The UML2 Graphical Modeler): www.papyrusuml.org

http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=papyrus

Before printing, think about the environment

Back to the top