Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus / Code Quality

 Hi,

Personally I always draw UML diagrams of what I have developped. Part of Papyrus is already reversed and available in the repository (developer\org.eclipse.papyrus.doc\architecture). But this document focus on the core :-) and has some noise (that I can remove).
 I use the plugin developer\org.eclipse.papyrus.java.reverse to do reverse.

I think that the UML diagrams should be part of the documentation, and maybe attached to the javadoc overview.

I don't think it is possible to update the diagrams each time a modification is made, as their is no way to automatically maintain a good diagram. But we can encourage developers to update diagrams regularly. Also, using the previously mention plugin, it is very easy to maintain the uml model and the code. The diagrams should be maintained manually.

 Cedric

Thibault LANDRE wrote:
Hi,

working on the preference, I am struggling with the editPart defined in the plugin *.diagram.common.

I have reversed the java code to UML and have found some incoherences in the plugin.
For example, NodeNamedElementFigure implements IAbstractElementFigure.
PackageFigure inherits NodeNamedElementFigure and implements IAbstractElementFigure too (which is already implemented by its superclass).
There is also classes that are not used (ActorFigure).

So, I think that each plugin not generated should have an UML model and eventually a graphical model (with papyrus) within the plugin. The model will not be part of the build of the plugin. This model should be obtained by reverse engineering with a Java2UML tool and updated each time a modification is made.

This is quite restrictive, but I think it will ease the future development and ease the maintenance and quality of the project.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Thibault