[m2e-users] Maven timeouts

I had an issue that has sense been resolved, but I'm curious as to why it was resolved.

A few weeks ago I was attempting to use Eclipse with Maven to build a project. At that time, I was getting timeouts. I followed a solution I found online to add the HTTP proxy to the Maven settings.xml and ensure that Eclipse was pointing to that settings.xml file. That resolved my issue.

A couple days ago, the same thing started happening. Failures attempting to create a Maven project. I verified the settings.xml was correct (as it had been), verified Eclipse was still pointed to it. I then tried to execute a command line creation with mvn. This worked.

I then decided to add the HTTPS proxy to the file as well (same proxy settings other than protocol), and this time it worked.

I'm not understanding what mvn was doing from the command line that would be different than what Eclipse was doing from the IDE that would cause a difference.

Ideas?

Back to the top