Re: [m2e-users] Dependency graph in new m2e plugin

On 25 Oct, 2011, at 6:35 PM, Steve Cohen wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 06:32 PM, Rick Herrick wrote:
>> What has happened to the dependency graph and other advanced tabs in the new m2e plugin? Previous versions had a checkbox that let you add all kinds of advanced tabs to the pom editor, including the dependency graph tab. That option and the dependency graph tab are now gone. I used the dependency graph a LOT, as I like the format much better than the dependency hierarchy.
>>
>> I looked through the wiki and mailing list and couldn't find any mention of this being removed. I tried searching the m2e site, but the search function searches the entire Eclipse site and so is basically worthless.
>>
>> Any news on when this functionality might be restored? Or am I missing something that makes it easy to activate it?
> It's removed.  I asked the same question about a month ago.  They say you don't really need it.  I still miss it.  Also on the advanced tabs were some nice tools for plugin management.  I miss those as well.
>
> Apparently there were lots of issues with these tools.  I'm not sure what they were.  Perhaps they were memory hogs.  I've noticed that since I switched to Indigo and the new m2e I have fewer memory/crash issues.

I kinda figured that but thought I'd ask. It seems to be a pretty constant thing with Maven and associated tools with people telling me what I need and what I don't need. Making progress by going backwards is truly outstanding.

Well, IntelliJ CE has the dependency graph feature AND doesn't break backwards compatibility with projects created with earlier versions (I guess that's something else they say you don't really need). Same price point too.

Back to the top