Re: [m2e-users] M2Eclipse @ Eclipse and/or Sonatype

m2e core 1.0.0 uses different namespace (org.eclipse.m2e vs
org.maven.ide.eclipse) and is NOT backwards compatible with 0.12 and
earlier versions. Old extensions will not work and there is no
0.12->1.0.0 workspace migration.

Eclipse has rather strict policies regarding API compatibilities for
"mature" projects, i.e. version >= 1.0.0, so our goal is to make sure
extensions developed for 1.0.0 will continue to work with future m2e
core versions.

To help users find and install extensions, we setup m2e
extensions catalog and introduced ability to automatically discover and
install required m2e extensions. In many cases m2e 1.0.0 will offer
installation of required software as part of project import wizard or
from a quick-fix for some error markers. It is also possible to access
m2e discovery catalog manually from Preferences->Maven->Discovery.

We have not decided what to do with Sonatype update sites yet.

--
Regards,
Igor