[m2e-dev] ClassNotFound error in 2024-09, and import not creating .classpath file

I installed 2024-09 when it came out, and I immediately noticed effectively fatal errors with all of my Maven projects. I created the following issue: https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/issues/1829 . There are clearly ClassNotFound exceptions with m2e in the trace. This makes 2024-09 unusable for me.

However, there's another problem I've been having for a long time, but it's difficult to tell whether this is related to m2e or not. We work on numerous Maven projects in Eclipse. For quite a while now, when I import from the git repository, it simply doesn't create a .classpath file at all, even though the .project file has the Java nature. For all of these cases, I simply have to manually create the .classpath file. I fortunately have one that I've saved. After I save it, I often have to make small changes to the project properties, like adding or removing generated source directories.

I've tried to produce standalone test cases for this, but all the simple ones that don't include any of our internal artifacts never display this symptom. It would really be useful if there was some sort of debug logging that would provide some clues to why it is refusing to create a .classpath file.

Back to the top