[lyo-dev] How do you structure your Lyo projects?

Hi,

I am interested in your (the community’s) opinion on the need to have java libraries that reflect the OSLC domain resources as Java classes.

In the current Lyo Modeller, one can model OSLC resources in the Domain Specification View (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Lyo/ToolchainModellingAndCodeGenerationWorkshop#Domain_Specification_View).

Using this model, the generator then produces the corresponding java classes for each of the adaptors in the model. This means that the resources classes are duplicated in each of the adaptor projects.

Another alternative is to generate the resources’ java classes into a common library that each adaptor can then add as a dependency.

Would this feature be of interest? Any advantage/disadvantage of either approach?

It would be interesting to hear how people structure their projects, since I would like the generator to reflect such best practices.

regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@xxxxxx, www.kth.se

Back to the top