Re: [lsp4j-dev] Evolving LSP4J API

Hi Jonah,

I’d go for a middle ground:

  • LSP / DAP data structures may be subject to breaking changes between minor versions. These changes are documented in the CHANGELOG.
  • All other API follows semantic versioning.

Workarounds for protocol changes could accumulate over time and lead to a weird API.

This is not a “strong” opinion — if you prefer another solution, I’m fine with that.

Regards
  Miro