[lsp4j-dev] breaking API changes

Hello fellow lsp4j-devers,

In a recent change to DAP some of the fields which used to be generic numbers have been changed to be specified as integers with a range of 0 to 2^31-1. In the past we represented those numbers as java Long in LSP4J's implementation, but now we could use java Integer.

Making this change would make it a breaking change Java API-wise.

Has LSP4J for language server side of things dealt with this before? What is the process for changing the Java API in LSP4J?

Thanks for your input.
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham