[lsp4e-dev] Latest LSP4E not compatible with Oxygen

Hi, I posted this in the Eclipse user forum but got sent here instead.

Me and my team are evaluating LSP4J and LSP4E for a plugin project which would benefit from a language server integration.

We would like to use the latest release of LSP4E, but when trying to install it in Oxygen the task is unsuccessful since LSP4E requires org.eclipse.jface.text 3.13.0 and org.eclipse.ui.intro 3.5.200, both of which are bundled with Photon.
Unfortunately we are stuck with running Oxygen for the foreseeable future, and this means that we need to put the LSP evaluation on hold. We are already using LSP4J 0.5.0 for other projects, and we don't want to downgrade that in order to get a working installation of LSP4E.

Is there a reason for LSP4E being dependent on these Photon specific plugin versions? Is it necessary for the code to be tied to minor and patch releases? If not, it would be nice if it could be run in Oxygen too.

/Maria

Back to the top