[lsp4e-dev] Request timeouts

Hi!

I see that the timeouts for the different requests are diverse and feel a bit "random". Should there be a policy for how to choose the values? It's possible that different severs would have different response times. It would be much nicer if one could get intermediate results as they become available (but probably quite difficult to handle).

More importantly, probably, what do we do if a request times out? An async solution would be to run all of these in separate threads/jobs, use a relatively large timeout value and if there is a timeout, cancel the request. Eclipse already may or may not run operations in jobs/threads, so this needs to be investigated for each case, but I think auto-cancelling requests on timeout could be added as an utility and used instead of CompletableFuture.get, What do you think?

regards,
Vlad

Back to the top