Re: [technology-pmc] moving tech PMC meeting back 30 mins

Attending: jody, martin, eugene, jim

1) Meeting time

Consider later, we will sort out via email.
- eugene, would like non-thursday, later is fine
- jody later is preferable
- Martin flexible but would like general
- jim is cheerful if we move the meeting, not earlier
- simeon would like a different time

2) ImageN

FOSS4G presentation went well, actual Oracle engineer.
Currently discussing codecs / patents.

3) JTS

- Next generation overlay, may of sorted it out :)
- Gitter discussion on flatbush implementation, interesting result, would need to sort out CLA.
- Memory use, unsafe collection, not interesting
- Discussion: OpenJDK vs OpenJ9 (less memory use)
- GeoSpatial data at ApacheCon, GeoSpark contact, has a fork of JTS, persistence layer.. See if we can get them back on mainline

No release plans at present.

4) Proj4j

Some discussion at ApacheCon, Nick Knize from Elastic. Interesting talk with Lucene on on project math, spatial indexing.
- Discussion on change to math in PROJ4J going upstream to PROJ
- Make interface to contribute just the custom math needed. Has an approach that avoids iteration to calculate affine transformation.
- MetaCRS was going to make tests and apply them everywhere

Outstanding: Upgrade to PROJ
 - Needed for 2020 :)
-  WKT2

Ideas:
- GitHub issues/. Chat on PRO4J developer list?
- Discussion on GeoTools referencing, ApacheSIS, PROJ4J --> desire for a best of bread permissive license

Release:
- review pending, need to figure out how to make PRO4J 1.1 release proceed.

5) GeoMesa

ApacheCon went well, folks enjoyed hearing about LocationTech projects.

Heading slowly for 2.4 release

6) GeoTrellis

Hauling towards a 3.0 release, se PRO4J 1.1 release above.

--
Jody Garnett