Re: [technology-pmc] Info on JAI

That is .. unexpected (that they are doing anything at all). So an oracle database release that includes JAI? Would that be a public release of JAI we can download, ...

Looking into this shows that it is indeed a thing - part of "Oracle Multimedia" https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/IMURG/ch_intr.htm#IMURG1000

Makes me wonder if they would be interested in joining us in maintaining the functionality they use?

Technically work on Raster Processing Engine as am API can proceed and still add value. With one implementation being a wrapper around JAI if it is available.

I think an online chat, or meet up at foss4gna, would be appropriate to explore options.
--
Jody Garnett