[technology-pmc] Forge Amalgamation Update

Dear LocationTech community,
As has been mentioned in the PMC and Steering committee calls, Eclipse Foundation is in the process of moving LocationTech projects over to the Eclipse Forge. An "umbrella" bug has been set up to allow open discussions, track activities and tease out issues, etc.

At the last Steering Committee meeting there was some concern about setting up redirects from repo.locationtech.org to repo.eclipse.org. Wayne set up a separate bug to capture that in the form of a question - Bug 528040 Please use that bug for repo redirect issues.

It is our goal to make this process as simple and easy as possible for all the project teams.
Our current belief is that all interruptions during the move will be (mostly) unrelated to ongoing development activities. However, there will be at least a few days with a bit of churn.  Eclipse staff can get much of the process done without involvement with the project teams themselves, but we will have to coordinate some activities (e.g. moving builds) with the respective project teams. We will keep everyone appraised of the detailed timeline here and in the bugs listed above.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, comments, etc.

Thanks,
Thea

Back to the top