Re: [technology-pmc] Request for guidance on Rocksdb CQ creation

Hi Gabriel,

I think you'll need to create CQs which cover both the C++ and Java bindings.

Cheers,

Jim

On 10/20/2016 9:59 AM, Gabriel Roldan wrote:
Hello all,

for GeoGig, we need to replace the (up till now) default storage database (BerkeleyDB JE) because of license incompatibilities.

Of all the options available to be used as an embedded key/value store, we've chosen Rocksdb[1] for its maturity, performance characteristics, and fitness to our usage patterns.

The module to replace BDBJE by Rocksdb is ready, and now that we're certain we're going this route (certainly found no other alternative that's good enough), we need to create the CQ.

Now, Rocksdb is a (BSD licensed [2]) C++ library with JNI Java bindings. The jar file distributed contains the native libraries for x86-64, linux, and MacOS X.

My question is if to create the CQ I need to supply the source code zip file including both the C++ code and the Java code, or just the Java code.

 TIA,
Gabriel

--

Gabriel Roldán