Re: [technology-pmc] resuming discussion

A project can't distributed anything that has not been taken through the IP Due Diligence process.

It is possible, however, to automate the process of downloading and installing software as long as the process is initiated under supervision of the user (and they get the opportunity to agree to licenses and stuff). So, you can set up the installer to fetch and install these dependencies (technical limitations notwithstanding).

The Subversive project, for example, opens a "discovery" dialog to help the user install an SVN provider. The dialog appears after you've started your workbench.

Just an option to consider.

Wayne