Re: [linuxtools-dev] Lttng moving to separate project?

We haven't made any specific plans yet, but I think we'll at least
maintain the LTTng component in Linux Tools for the Mars cycle.
Please consider things like Trace Compass must be out of incubation in order for Linux Tools to depend on it without the incubation churn in features and etc.
It must be part of release train and be +2 if LTTng component would stay in Linux Tools (+3). There will probably be other things that would have to be clarified but these are the first two that come to my mind.

Thanks for the tip, that's good to know. Then I see two options at this point:

- We keep only the "LTTng subcomponent" within Linux Tools (so the lttng2.* plugins), and move the framework and everything else to Trace Compass, and make that component depend on TC. TC would need to be out of incubation, but it provides a nice upgrade path for users.

- Or, we keep *everything* as it is inside Linux Tools / LTTng, on which we just do bug fixes and make sure it keeps compiling, and Trace Compass can be an independent newer version, in incubation if necessary. Although I'm not sure if it's good Eclipse practice to have 2 versions of the same code in different places.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Back to the top