Re: [linuxtools-dev] New stable-2.0 branch and code reviews

On 05/31/2013 05:52 PM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
On 13-05-31 05:05 PM, Jeff Johnston wrote:
I have created a new stable-2.0 branch that I will shortly use for our
Hudson builds.  All code changes must be peer reviewed (save for
releng changes by myself or Alex) as we just have RC3 (Tuesday
evening) and RC4, the following Wednesday.  There are no changes past
RC4 so if you screw up, it won't get fixed until SR1.

If you have code that applies to 2.0, it must go to the stable-2.0
branch and if needed, the master branch as well.

-- Jeff J.

Great!

What is the plan for APIs in the following releases? Will SR1 be a 2.1,
and Luna(?) next year be 3.0?

This will have to be discussed. We shouldn't be putting out a 3.0 prior to Luna.

In LTTng we have a bunch of new features lined up that will definitely
break the API, but the strategy of using a separate branch for
API-breaking changes worked pretty well for us last cycle, so I don't
think we'd have any problems with holding off any API bumps in master.

I was more wondering about the current status of the master branch, can
we start pushing "2.1" changes to it, or should we keep it at 2.0 for now?

Please wait until I have the build infrastructure all set up. Once that is done, you should be able to diverge master to 2.1 if needed.

-- Jeff J.

Thanks,
Alexandre

Back to the top