Re: [linuxtools-dev] Attention: Major changes for Tycho 0.13 compatibility

On 18:18:04 Thursday 06 October 2011 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * akurtakov <akurtakov@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-10-06 02:28]:
> > >
> > > +1 for clean core/UI separation and clearer bundle names.  Note that
> > > bundle re-names will affect consumers just like you mentioned earlier,
> > > Alex, so we should be _very_ careful about such changes.
> >
> > There is no better time to do such thing. Post 1.0 is gonna be too much
> > problem.
>
> Agreed, we standardize and define this well ahead of 1.0 (Juno/June
> 2012).

I'm starting to do the needed changes. Some module owners decided to fix the
problem in different way compared to the proposed one - fine by me as they have
done the changes themselves. The rest will have to use whatever I do :).
Not many people say a word about these things and even less are ready to spend
time discussing it so we can come with a suitable solution so putting the 1.0
stamp looks a really hard task to me. Let's hope that I'll be proven wron.

Regards,
Alex