Re: [linuxtools-dev] Eclipse-build additional archs

On 23.10.2009 08:49, Alexander Kurtakov wrote:
Hi everyone,
I want to announce that eclipse-build is able to produce a working Eclipse SDK
build on a sparc machine using Fedora.
Same support is added for ppc64 and it builds in our builders but I have no
way to test it myself whether it actually works.

If someone wants to add support for other archs, you should:
1. Add support for your arch in the patches named eclipse-add-*.
2. Add support for your arch in generateAdditionalPlatforms.xml. This should
be really easy to do smth like<generateArch newArch="YOUR_ARCH" />  in
generate target should do the trick. Remember to actually run it so your
additional fragments get generated.
3. Check that eclipse-build-config/productFiles/rcpConfig/build.properties
contains proper root.* definitions for your arch. If there isn't any please add
it.

4. add the new config to eclipse-build-config/build.properties (configs).

unfortunately you only see this at the end of a 15h build ... btw, why not generate this file and just set configs to the one config that is currently built? Would save a lot of build time on slow build machines using OpenJDK Zero, and adding new configurations wouldn't slow down the build.

  Matthias

Back to the top