Re: [leshan-dev] Guidance Needed for Eclipse Leshan

Hi,

  1. I don't get the question. What do you mean create custom API ? Leshan is a library see : https://github.com/eclipse-leshan/leshan/wiki/F.A.Q.#what-is-leshan-and-how-should-i-use-it-
  2. This looks like you are talking about using LWM2M Gateway ? This is not officially supported by Leshan but you could look at https://github.com/eclipse-leshan/leshan/issues/1237. Note that the specification defines how LWM2M Gateway talk to LWM2M server but not how LWM2M Gateway talk to end devices behind the Gateway. I don't know if it exist implementation of LWM2M Gateway but AFAIK the most common LWM2M use case is to connect LWM2M devices directly to LWM2M server. (without using Gateway)
  3. Leshan is about implementing LWM2M protocol. Leshan v1.x (stable)  tries to implements LWM2M v1.0.x and Leshan 2.x (in development) tries to implement LWM2M v1.1.x. Links to specification are available at : https://github.com/eclipse-leshan/leshan/wiki/Lightweight-M2M-Specification
    Of course I will not explain you all the protocol which is itself based on a lot of other RFC. But if you have specific question I can try to answer. Or you could try to ask question about LWM2M at : https://github.com/OpenMobileAlliance/OMA_LwM2M_for_Developers/issues
  4. I'm not sure, somebody could answer to a such vague question. Maybe you should try to ask to your preferred LLM and it will answer with a very vague answer too. 😅

About example, you can look at

HTH,

Simon