From: leshan-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:leshan-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Simon Bernard
Sent: Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015 17:09
To: leshan developer discussions
Subject: Re: [leshan-dev] Write operation

Hi,
  It's not really clear in the spec, but as I understand it, It's possible to make a Replace (PUT) of an object instance without all the resources.
  In this case, the missing resource will be erase (set to null). if one of the resource which should be set to null is mandatory, client should rise a METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED.

  The same request with the Partial Update(POST) should change only the specified resource.

  For now, in leshan-standalone, we could just send Replace. But, we should add a way to allow users to choose between Replace and Partial Update (I open an issue #58).
Simon