Re: [kura-dev] Kura Wires - Sneak Peek

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your feedback. You are right. It is a dataflow programming model that we have incorporated in Kura Wires. Kura Wires mainly leverages all the functionalities of Eclipse Kura in a very easy way. The components that you see in the Wire Graph are known as Wire Components. They are exposed as OSGi services but they do conform to different contract. These Wire Components perform individual tasks in the Wire Graph and they do not have any context specific knowledge about each other. Using Kura Wires, we expect IoT applications developers to implement their own scenarios as dataflow graphs through which the underlying functionalities will be abstracted using the nodes (aka Wire Components) in the dataflow graph.

The intention of Kura Wires is to leverage Eclipse Kura for Industrial IoT scenarios. We are also providing the building blocks, essentially required for building IIoT solutions as Wire Components. The different Wire Components that we are providing are shown in the list at the right side of the Composer UI in the blog post images.

N.B: Kura Wires is a runtime model. The visual UI to connect different Wire Components is just a tool. It is not restricted to only the UI. Programmers can also leverage Kura Wires at runtime as well.

For your reference, you can also have a look at the other blog posts as enclosed here.

Amit Kumar Mondal
Phone: +49 176 80815427   Email: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: arsenalnerk   GitHub: amitjoy
Blog: blog.amitinside.com