Re: [kura-dev] Kura and mToolkit

On 8/26/2016 10:28 AM, De Alti, Cristiano wrote:

Someone could fork the code and try to fix it ;)

It's a good tool. It does not make sense to try to reinvent the wheel.

After looking at the project page at [1] it appears that there has been no development on mToolkit since 2010.

I propose:   ECF has a set of APIs that provide remote management of various parts of OSGi frameworks e.g. (framework, bundles, services, wiring, scr/ds), and Equinox specifically (p2).   These are all OSGi remote services [2].    We have started the work (see further down on the New and Noteworthy page) of adding Eclipse UI for using these management services, but have not yet done all that we have planned.

I would be willing to work with others in this community to make the data and actions provided via these APIs available via either web and/or Eclipse UI.   I/we are already supporting them for other ECF consumers and everything is EPL.   If there are folks willing to do this, please let us know.

On 8/25/2016 11:32 PM, Jens Reimann wrote:
> You can use Java 8 for the workspace and for running Kura.
>
> What you can't do is using bundles which require Java 8.

First, do you mean create and use app bundles that require Java 8 as min EE?

If that's what you mean, would you please explain why?

Thanks for any info about Java 8 restrictions WRT Kura.

Scott

[1] mtoolkit.stage.tigris.org
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html

Back to the top