Re: [kura-dev] Raspberry Pi 3

Hi Benjamin, Marco,

I gave Wi-Fi another spin away from the spammed airwaves of CeBIT. I got about 10 MB/s which I guess is quite good for a 72MBit/s raw connection.

I couldn’t get BLE to run completely. Using the standard BlueZ 5.23-2+rpi1 shipped with Raspbian current I could scan for LE devices and it saw my iBeacon but wouldn’t connect to it:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo hcitool lescan
LE Scan ...
CF:BA:32:DA:C3:E5 (unknown)
^C
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo gatttool -b CF:BA:32:DA:C3:E5 -I
[CF:BA:32:DA:C3:E5][LE]> connect
Attempting to connect to CF:BA:32:DA:C3:E5
Error: connect error: Transport endpoint is not connected (107)
[CF:BA:32:DA:C3:E5][LE]> quit

When I followed the Kura tutorial and used BlueZ 4.11 it wouldn’t run “hciconfig up” and gave me this in dmesg: [77430.748293] Bluetooth: hci0 sending frame failed (-16)

I didn’t try any BLE code layered on Kura since the initial steps seemed to fail.

Best,
Kevin