Re: [kura-dev] Plan: Kura run on JavaSE Emebeddes 8 ?

Hello Shigeru.

You can run Kura on JavaSE Embedded 8 Full profile.

Kura has a dependency on JAXB for XML ORM; JAXB depends on java.awt.* which is included only in the full profile.
We edited JAXB source code removing that dependency and after that we were able to run on profile compact 3.
With some additional minor work, we may be able to go down to compact 2.
So, in are active looking into reducing the profile and we have identified were the bottlenecks are.

For the time being, we suggest running Kura on JavaSE Embedded 8 full profile with the following optimizations:
 - client mode
 - no debug symbols
 - "--no-compression” which will improve the start up time

Regards.
-Marco