[kuksa-dev] CAN and Kuksa.val.feeder

Hi, I am an undergraduate student who is working on a thesis involving AGL. The focus is related to the interaction with CAN frames.

Doing some research, I found out that AGL (Automotive Grade Linux) uses your service for signal management. So I studied the architecture of this service in order to understand how it can interact with the CAN frames that are emitted by the machines.

I discover, in this way, the kuksa.val.feeder component. From what I read, it aims to do the mapping between VSS and DBC so as to get a signal in a human-understandable format. Studying the code, I find that the dbcreader.py component of DBC Feeder receives CAN frames.

However, I find that there is no presence of a method in which it sends the CAN frame. Is this operation performed by the kuksa-val-server component?

Regards,
Antonio Giano

Back to the top