Re: [keyple-dev] About using SAMs

Sorry for the self reply. I think that reading the
javax.smartcardio.CardTerminal documentation I got it right:
   "Note that physical card readers with slots for multiple cards are
represented by one CardTerminal object per such slot"
so I don't need any card extension but instead a configurable instance
of a Terminal that will allow me to access the four SAMs.
Thank you,
Max

Il giorno mar 26 lug 2022 alle ore 16:08 Max Paschetto
<mpaschetto@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Hello there,
> I would like to ask you a question.
> I have a terminal that can read a smart card and has slots to support
> up to 4 SAMs.
> This terminal is not a PCSC reader, so I had to implement my reader plugin.
>
> Following an example like
>     https://keyple.org/learn/build-your-first-app/java-app/
> it looks like I should declare two different Readers, one for the
> smart card and one for the SAM.
>
> I tried to use the same reader to read both the smart card and a SAM.
> If I try to read a SAM using the CalypsoSamSelectionAdapter like
>
>     samSelectionManager.prepareSelection(
>         calypsoExtensionService
>
> .createSamSelection().filterByProductType(CalypsoSam.ProductType.SAM_C1))
>
> I can not find the SAM. If I do not specify the filter selection I get
> in return the smart card, not the SAM.
>
> I think I have to implement a card extension to be able to read from
> the four SAM slots:
>     https://keyple.org/learn/developer-guide/card-extension-add-on/
> I am right?
>
> Thank you,