Re: [kapua-dev] Adding checkstyle to the build

Which also could come in handy here is the fact that checkstyle can be integrated into Eclipse (and IIRC also in IntelliJ). So once you save the file, it gets checked automatically and the developer immediately sees what is wrong.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So I think that is exactly why we should do it. As we are now changing things in a hurry and are not aware of the things which have to cleaned up later on.

I would hover start with a simple set of rules. Like not using tabs, missing license headers, etc .. things we actually already do.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Morson, Stefano <stefano.morson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jens,

+1 with a prerequisite,

since we are still adding/changing code on a lot of stuff, the check should not be blocking for the builds and the merge.

With the purpose to make the check more constraining next.

Stefano

From: kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:55:25 PM
To: kapua developer discussions
Subject: [kapua-dev] Adding checkstyle to the build

Hi everyone,

I would like to discuss the idea of adding checkstyle to the build.

I do think we could catch a bunch of common issues by adding checkstyle validation, like missing license headers etc...

What do you think?

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14
85630 Grasbrunn
Germany
phone: +49 89 2050 71286

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14
85630 Grasbrunn
Germany
phone: +49 89 2050 71286

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top