From: kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 2:38 PM
To: kapua developer discussions
Subject: [kapua-dev] SSO user handling

Hi everyone,

after playing around with the SSO integration of Kapua I am a bit puzzled how the integration should actually work.

Now I have the SSO setup running, but when I got authorized, Kapua logs my in as "kapua-sys" and not as the user I was registered.

I would have expected at least to get a new user provisioned automatically during the process, based on my e-mail address.

Looking at the bigger picture however, I also think that, for multi-tenancy, there should be a way to integrate with different SSO providers. Making them configurable at run time for each tenant.

For non-multi-tenant setups, it would be sufficient to create a new user and place it under a default (configurable) account.

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top