[jts-dev] Minus sign from WKTWriter after JDK 9

Hello,

We have had some problems with our Geoserver instance when experimenting with JDK 9>. Some investigations (1) have discovered that the problem is with the introduction of CLDR as the default number format provider. For our norwegian locale this means that a conversion of a negative number to a string ends up with a sign that is not the usual minus sign. When using this string for instance in a query to postgis we will get an error.

The problem can be solved by specifying the old number format provider as the one to use, but when I debugged a JUnit test I've written in Geoserver I saw that a little change in JTS (2) might solve the problem to a large degree.

I haven't signed up for any contribution agreement, and haven't really thought of making big contributions to JTS. But I did look at the code in org.locationtech.jts.io.OrdinateFormatTest, and it seems like a good idea to iterate through different locales within the functions checkFormat.

Best regards
Roar Brænden

1)

2)