Re: [jts-dev] BufferOp on polygon exterior ring - End Cap?

Thank you for fast reply.

Yes, I don't want the CAP_FLAT to appear in the linear ring.
 I'm not using CAP_ROUND because I need CAP_FLAT for the line string.
  In general I have GeometryCollection  of Polygons and LineStrings.

  Maybe the best solution is to use Polygonizer to extract polygons and LineStrings. And process each geometry type with different CAP parameter.

Buffering polygon gives different result than buffering exterior ring.

EXAMPLE:
  Simple polygon - no holes = rectangle

Buffering polygon without holes gives larger polygon again without holes.

Buffering exterior ring gives polygon with hole.
 (This is suitable for wall around garden)

Martin