[jts-dev] proposing an api change

LocationTech has a monthly meeting of project leads, and today we used the opportunity to discuss making an API change to JTS.

Currently we reply on client code to track the use of optional Z and M measurements (with javadoc noting that dimensions hight then 2 are up to client code to manage).

To support formats that include optional Z and M measurements I am proposing an API change. Adding CoordinateSequence.getNumberOfMeasures(), and adding Coordinate.getM().

I intended to take advantage of java interface "default" methods to update the interfaces without introducing an API break:

  default int  getNumberAttributes(){
       return 0;
  }

Related pull requests: