[jts-dev] Recutting pole-wrapping polygons

Hello JTS community,

Lets say somehow I obtain a polygon that encloses the North pole. I have a sequence of consecutive points with their latitude and longitude in decimal degrees. I'd like to represent this as a valid geometry in JTS assuming plate-carre decimal degrees rectangular area (+/- 180, +/- 90).  Does anyone know of an algorithm / some code that does this?  I suspect it's already been done in open-source somewhere but it if not I'll think up an algorithm.

FYI Spatial4j's JtsGeometry has code that can handle dateline (anti-meridian) crossing, but not polygons enclosing a pole.

~ David