Re: [jta-dev] Jakarta Transactions 2.0 for Jakarta EE 9 remaining items

Hi All,

I'm one of the Jakarta Transaction mentors for the Jakarta EE 9 release and wanted to ask the open-ended question on if there are any questions/issues/blockers I can move forward for you?  There's a specification committee call tomorrow at 9am pacific, so I would have the opportunity to consult with everyone and come back with answers quickly.

Here's the status I can see going through the various emails and PRs.

- Slow PR reviews has been an issue and should be noted to the
  Specification Committee even if there's no immediate remedy.

- With PRs 161 merged in the last 5 days we're largely good to go from
  a specification perspective. There were other PRs, but that was the
  big one.

- Next steps that can be done in parallel:

  - stage a spec/api release in jakarta.oss.sonatype.org

  - promote the TCK

  NOTE: ok to do both of these steps optimistically as they are non
  permanent and can be redone

- Get a compatible implementation to complete a run with the promoted
  TCK and staged API jar

- Submit certification request

- Update draft PR in jakartaee/specifications repo with above data

Does this sound about right?  If so any thoughts on when API/Spec release will be staged and TCK promoted? (note both of these can be done repeatedly until we get something we like)

Reminder for clarity, when we do the API/spec release we should click to close the repo in Nexus, but not click to release it like we have the RCs.  The artifacts for final releases should stay in the staged repo until the ballot completes and then promoted afterwards.  This is also why it's safe to stage the release asap as it can be discarded and redone if there are issues.

Any steps I missed?

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins